I’ve updated and added to some of the remedy info on 16/1/22
Many of you know how strictly we are regulated around talking about C9, despite there being no immune support recommendations or home treatments (apart from perhaps aspirin) being suggested by the powers that be.
The message coming back is that people are scared, feel helpless and want to know what they can do to support themselves and their families. And the promise of the v*x protecting those who stepped up has unfortunately not played out, leaving people feeling even more vulnerable and pretty disappointed.
Home Kit C9 – 20 Remedies
Homeopathy has a history of supporting and managing health outcomes through pandemics for over 200 years, so lots of data from our end.
Late last year we put together a pack of the remedies colleagues were most commonly using worldwide when the O strain appeared and numbers began to increase.
The pack is on the website and the information is on the NOTES tab but I thought it would be a good idea to put the information in a post to make it more easily accessible for you all.
You can look at and purchase the whole Home Kit C9 here.
You don’t have to buy a whole kit if you already have some remedies and while this kit is 200c because of the acute nature of the v*r*s, 30c should be fine too if that’s what you have.
I’m also going to put at the bottom of the post the suggestions for using Winter Prep as a general support and as part of a protocol if anyone does come down sick.
Don’t forget we have Pick Your Own Packs available if you are looking for a mix of remedies and want a bulk price.
Remember to check out the FAQs for how to use, how many doses, when to change remedies, etc and if your home prescribing is not bringing improvement contact your homeopath or health care professional asap.
Ensure you follow all government guidelines and mandates re testing, isolating, masking, etc in your state.
If symptoms do not improve see your homeopath, GP, ED or contact Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
So primary remedies being used, as I’ve mentioned in other posts appear to be Bryonia and Phos. I’ve written and little about Rumex, but read the accompanying note.
Always individualise the remedy though. If your picture doesn’t fit the remedies below, then look for something else in the extended list, eg Aconite or Eupatorium.
Rumex 200c: Scraping in throat, sensation of a lump, fever and dry cough. Dry incessant, irritating cough, worse night, suffocating – where Phos doesn’t help.
My best advice at present would be to turn off or limit your access to mainstream media as this has a tendency to increase our fear and anxiety. These strong emotions suppress the immune system and make us more susceptible to illness, so important to limit if you can.
Aconite has been a super useful remedy in recent times. If you read below you can see the acute, fever-type picture. But it’s a major remedy for strong anxiety, fear, panic and so on. I’ve been recommending it in 200c to clients are really struggling with anxiety and fear for themselves and their loved ones and feedback is good on its effect.
The other new product we have is Soul Harmonics Resilience, a combination of vibrational essences, including Oak, which support us, bring strength and courage, and help us weather these stormy times.
There are some common supplements you can take as part of your support regime as well. I’m not going to discuss this topic here as there is plenty of information online, but I have included some basic information on nutrition below.
My main advice with supplementing would be not to overdo the supplements through fear of getting sick. Taking too many supplements when your system is under strain (mental, emotional or physical) can be as bad as too much medication. You’re asking your body to deal with a lot of input when it’s below par.
Take what seems sensible. Leave some more for if you do get sick so that you’ve got some additional support protocols, and buy the best supplements you can afford.
Just in: Dr Ian Brighthope’s TriNutrient Support Protocol for Children
Due to regulations I can’t share the link because it talks about “treatment” however, if you go to the Parent’s with Questions website you will find the link at the bottom with additional information.
Vitamin C 500 – 1000 mg four times a day (as powder in dilute juice)
Vitamin D3 2,000 – 5,000 IU per day ( liquid or oil capsules)
Elemental Zinc 15 mg per day (can be purchased as a liquid)
Children under 5
Vitamin C 250 – 500 mg four times a day (as powder in dilute juice)
Vitamin D3 1,000 – 2,500 IU per day ( liquid or oil capsules)
Elemental Zinc 7-10 mg per day. (can be purchased as a liquid)
Sometimes we forget that food is medicine too.
I was just finalising this post when a list of top food sources of the various important nutritional elements arrived in my FB notifications, so I thought I’d share here. You can do your own evidence-based research from this list to see what is going to work for you and your family.
If you look through the list (including vegetarians and vegans!) you can see that a well balanced diet, high in fruit and vegetables and low in sugar, alcohol and carbs is going to be a good support, regardless of anything else you choose to do at this time.
Top 8 sources of Vitamin D
- Sardines & Mackerel
- Salmon & Tuna
- Shitake Mushrooms
- Cod Liver Oil
Top 6 Food Sources of Quercetin
Quercetin is being widely discussed as an important immune support. In fact it transports zinc into the cell and we know how important zinc is for the immune system and acute illness.
You can actually make your own Quercetin and we’ve been taking ours with our local honey, garlic, turmeric mix! Check out Pinterest for “how to”.
- Olive Oil
Top 6 Food Sources of Zinc
- Oysters & shellfish
- Lean red meat
- Sesame & pumpkin seeds
- Chickpeas, legumes & beans
Top 6 Food Sources of NAC
- Lean pork & beef
- Salmon & tuna
- Sunflower seeds
Top 6 Sources of Vitamin C
- Kiwi fruit
- Red capsicum
What’s in the Home Kit C9
- Aconite 200c: Onset can be sudden, acute, intense and painful, often with great fear (sometimes of dying) and restlessness. Very high fever with dry burning heat or drenching sweat with thirst. Useful at first sign of cold, cough, earache, etc. Worse around midnight. Cause: after exposure to cold dry wind, heat of sun, injury, shock, fright. Better: open air.
- Anas Barb (Oscillo) 200c: Anti-v and anti-b action. If taken at first sign of cold, flu or other v*ral symptoms, may prevent a bad bout. Use as part of your management for colds and flu with indicated remedies (or use Winter Prep which is broader spectrum
- Antimonium Tart 200c: Rattly, wet, chesty breathing with very little expectoration. Feels/sounds as if would suffocate, coughing and gasping. Drowsiness. Tongue coated, pasty, thick white.
- Arsenicum Album 200c: Burning pains and discharges – mucous, diarrhoea, throat, etc. Colds, headaches, sinus, insomnia. Symptoms often out of proportion to illness. Weak, anxious and restless when sick, fear when alone, anxiety about health, fussy and difficult to please. Very thirsty for frequent sips. Worse: midnight to 2am, for cold food and drink, Better: heat, hot drinks and food, company, fresh air (headaches).
- Belladonna 200c: Throbbing pains, burning radiating heat, bright red, restless, usually no thirst with fever. Lethargic, delirious, barking cough, strawberry tongue. Fevers, earache, flu, sore throats, earache. Worse: touch, light, noise, being jarred, draughts to head, night. Better: warmth, pressure
- Bryonia 200c: Dryness and pain are characteristic. Headache, joint/back pain, stiff neck. Any movement aggravates, even talking or just moving the eyes. Sitting up can bring on vomiting. Dry painful coughs and colds which descend to chest, numonia. Constipation.
Fear poverty, economic crisis, insecurity and hoarding. Don’t want to be disturbed. Very irritable, better alone. Very thirsty for cold drinks. Worse: deep breathing, hot room, dry weather, movement, touch. Better: pressure and lying on painful part.
- China 200c: Ill effects of dehydration, acute illness with great weakness. Drenching sweats at night, flu with debility, periodic fevers. Useful recovery remedy after loss of fluids with great weakness. Worse: cold damp weather, autumn, from touch. Aversion to touch. Better: from hard pressure.
- Eupatorium Perforatum 200c: Classic flu remedy, similar to Bryonia with sore, bruised pains in the bones, (as opposed to muscles – Gelsemium), bones as if broken. Unquenchable thirst for cold drinks.
- Ferrum Phos 200c: First remedy to think of in beginning of any acute where there is inflammation/ heat, eg fever, earache, or just for general unwellness. Keynote is that there are no keynotes! Symptoms are vague. Patients take cold easily and are susceptible to chest troubles. Can be helpful in anaemia as it increases haemoglobin. Helpful in bleeding and circulation. (TS Acutes – can be useful for beginnings of ailments with runny nose).
- Gelsemium 200c: Heaviness, weakness, drowsiness with heavy, drooping eyelids. Trembling, chills and heat up and down spine, flu symptoms with aching muscles (see Eup Per). Nervous with frequent urination or diarrhoea. Symptoms after shock or fright. Worse: anticipation, humid weather, surprises, Better: urination, sweating.
- Hepar Sulph 200c: Sore throats with pain spreading to ear, splinter-like pain (anywhere), like a fish bone or pin. Chunky, productive coughs. Inflammation which is slow to resolve – ears, chest colds. Over-sensitivity is a keynote. Angry, irritable – very difficult when sick. Very chilly. Better: warmth, wrapping up. Worse: getting cold, being in a draught, cold dry weather, fresh air, at night, touch, pressure.
- Phosphorus 200c: Coughs, colds, sometimes with blood noses. Green or yellow green mucous. Very thirsty for cold drinks, which may be vomited. Affectionate, sympathetic, anxious, fearful (being alone, dark, death, storms). Over-excitable people who lack boundaries. Desires company. Irritable and sluggish when ill, apathetic, energy flares and subsides to exhaustion again. Better: after sleep, cold drinks, massage, company. Worse: cold, weather change, thunderstorms, being alone.
- Phos Ac 200c: A useful later-stage remedy where there is weakness (emotional and physical) which hinders recovery.
- Pulsatilla 200c: Anything with lots of mucous; thick, yellow or yellow-green or creamy. Coughs dry at night and loose morning, earaches, fever, styes, upset tummies. Weepy, clingy, whingy when sick and desire company. Changeable moods and symptoms. Chilly but dislike heat and stuffy rooms. Usually thirstless. Worse: rich, fatty food, evening. Better: company, fresh air, cold food and drink, after crying.
- Rhus Tox 200c: Back ache, hot painful swelling of joints, sore joints, worse for first movement, better once gets going. Cold sores, shingles, colds and coughs. Tongue may have triangular red tip. Worse: cold, wet weather, before storm, night, getting chilled or wet after being hot, over exertion. Better: heat, hot baths, movement.
- Cold and Flu Combo: Included as a good first stage remedy if you’re unable to select from the above to start with. Includes many of the most indicated remedies for a range of similar situations. If symptoms progress or change, select a single remedy if you can.
- Immune Boost: A combination of traditional homeopathics to support and boost the whole system through illness. Use as part of your management protocol. May be used as a general immune boost, but do not use constantly if not unwell or the system may become lazy.
- Motion Sickness (Nausea): This combination is included as nausea has been a feature in some acutes in recent times.
- Recovery Combo: Includes a selection of remedies traditionally used to brace up the system and aid recovery after an illness.
- Winter Prep (relative to current year) – a general support remedy to take weekly, may also be used as part of a management protocol (once or twice a day for first three days) along with other indicated remedies. Each year this remedy is “tweaked” to match what’s going on!
A little bit on Winter Prep
Many of you will be very familiar with my suggestions of Winter Prep as an all-year-round support, which is what it has become over the past two years.
Winter Prep was created as an annual support remedy way back, containing traditional homeopathics which relate to the illnesses seen in the northern hemisphere in the previous winter. We tweak this most years to reflect what is going on out there and obviously we have tweaked it early last year in light of what is going on!
Winter Prep also includes general support remedies which can help with minor symptoms of a cold or similar illness.
The remedy may be used even if you’ve had a v*x to give additional support.
How to use as a support remedy:
- Take once a week as a general support
- For travel see our specific Travel Prep remedy and instructions
If you’re a close contact & while waiting for outcome of a test:
If you’ve been in contact with someone who has come down sick, take once a day for 3 days then revert to weekly, until you see whether you develop symptoms.
The remedy may be used even if you’ve had the v*x to give additional support.
If someone comes down sick:
- Give once a day for 3 days alongside other indicated homeopathic remedies and supplements.
- You can give 2 or 3 times for the first 3 days if symptoms are severe, but we suggest not doing routinely. Once a day is generally sufficient.
Our kits are suitable for the management of minor ailments and self-limiting illnesses and not for the home treatment of chronic, ongoing or serious conditions or named diseases.
If symptoms do not improve see your homeopath, GP, ED or contact Health Direct on 1800 022 222
Use only as directed. Always read the label or information supplied. If symptoms persist see your health care practitioner.