Here are answers to some of the FAQ’s practitioners get about homeopathy.
And here as a starting point is our Home Remedy Notes which may give you quick answers to doses, frequency, etc. This is a downloadable document so you can refer to at your leisure.
We try to give the least number of doses required to stimulate the body to bring about improvement in symptoms. This might be one dose only – which can often be enough for improvement to take place – or 3 times a day for 3 days, or once a day for a week. Dose is individualised to the person and the situation.
Size of Dose
This is actually fairly irrelevant because homeopathy is about the quality of what you give, rather than quantity, but as a guide:
- 0-6 months – 1 drop
- 6-12 months – 2 drops
- Over 12 months – 4 drops
- 1 pilule for babies and toddlers (pilules can be crushed for babies)
- 1 or 2 pilules older children and adult
Frequency of Dose (How often)
We want to give just enough to stimulate the body to do the job, so if your remedy works brilliantly with the first dose, you don’t need to repeat unless the symptoms appear to be coming back again.
This is my step by step guide if you’re not sure what to do
You can step into these instructions at the point that is appropriate to the situation you are treating.
For example if your situation is not particularly bad, start at step 4, which is good when you suspect something is brewing, but you’re not really sure.
If your remedy is not working you might need a different remedy or you might need to contact your homeopath or other healthcare provider.
- For very acute situations (ie very unwell and symptoms are strong, mum is anxious!) you could give a dose every 10 minutes for up to five doses, then reduce as per the steps below if things are improving. Always check in with your GP or ED if this is the picture and your remedies are not working quickly. You can give paracetamol or neurofen if you need to.
- For acute symptoms dose hourly for the first day, 2 hourly the second day if improving and 4 hourly on day 3.
- Then continue once or twice a day if you still need to give a remedy.
- For less acute symptoms, give 3 or 4 times a day for 3 days.
You can put the drops or 1 pilule in a child’s drink bottle for school.
If symptoms persist always see your homeopath.
Any information provided does not replace advice from your doctor or homeopath and we advise you to seek medical help and diagnosis as appropriate.
Our kits and remedies contain homeopathic medicines selected for use in minor ailments and injuries only. They are recommended for use with immediate family only and our advice and information is not sufficient to treat extended family or friends.
Our combination remedies are prepared as a single vibrational remedy incorporating the remedies traditionally used for the situation described.
They are not suitable for home treatment of chronic, ongoing or serious conditions or diseases.
Homeopathy is deemed to be low risk by the Therapeutic Goods Administration.
The remedies are effective when used in accordance with the homeopathic indications.
If in doubt as to their appropriateness to a particular situation, consult your health care practitioner.
Use only as directed.
Always read the label or information supplied.
If symptoms persist see your health care practitioner.