Are you travelling on a plane, train, bus or just preparing for a potential lockdown?
Are you required to wear a mask daily or for an extended period of time and are worried about the possible health risks?
We’ve had a lot of questions about this and seen a lot of commentary in the media on the issues associated with masks, so after considering for many months and asking homeopathic colleagues around the world and taking into account a few travel bubbles opening up, we’ve put together a blend of remedies that cover the issues likely to be experienced.
Containing a mix of traditionally used remedies in low potency the combination aims to encourage enhanced oxygen exchange and circulation generally, assist with problems associated with rebreathing carbon dioxide, plus include a general remedy which addresses the potential for skin problems, risk of self-infection and the concerns around inspiration of mask particles/fibres.
Tips on Mask Hygiene
Mask hygiene is also going to be important so not repeatedly wearing the same mask without washing and sanitising is important for you personally.
- Wash or sanitise your hands before putting your mask on or taking it off.
- A cloth mask should be washed each day after use.
- Only wear a disposable mask once.
- If during the day your mask is visibly dirty or wet, do not continue wearing your mask; the mask needs to be washed.
- It is a good idea to have a least 2 cloth masks to allow change-over as required, particularly for a longer trip.
- Re-using a cloth mask without washing is risky because it can become contaminated, harbour nasties and potentially cause infection to your face and maybe even lungs.
- Cloth masks can be washed in the washing machine with other clothes or hand-washed using the warmest appropriate water setting for the cloth.
- You can use the heat setting on your dryer or lay out flat to air dry.
- If possible, place the cloth mask in direct sunlight.
- Wash your hands after handling used face masks.
- Your cloth mask should be dry before re-using it.
- There have been suggestions to spray the inside of the mask with Colloidal Silver before use.
No doubt there are many other suggestions elsewhere online but these are the basics.
Because this item is going to be in close contact with your skin, you will need to personally consider what is your best option for materials, washing and wearing.
It is possible to buy an anti-fog mask for spectacle wearers and also a face mask cage insert which fits inside the mask to hold it away from the face, but still maintain coverage.
Instructions for use – see also Notes Tab
Take one dose as you put your mask on and one dose when you take your mask off. If you are wearing for more than 2 or 3 hours, we would suggest a dose during this time as well.
Take two doses on the day before extended wear, then take the remedy every 3 hours during the journey, plus one dose on the day following.
SVR01 Maske-On (Aconite 6c, Ammonium carb 6c, Carbon dioxide 6c, Ferrum Phos 6x, Oxygen 6c, Silica 6x). Available in 10g sucrose pilules or 25/50ml drops.
Please note; due to TGA regulations some of the remedies included in this product may be present as a vibrational remedy.
Our kits and remedies are suitable for the management of minor ailments and illnesses and not for the home treatment of chronic, ongoing or serious conditions or diseases.
Homeopathy is deemed to be low risk by the Therapeutic Goods Administration. The remedies are effective when used in accordance with the homeopathic indications. If in doubt as to their appropriateness to a particular situation, consult your healthcare practitioner. This product/information does not replace advice or recommendations made by your GP or health department.
If symptoms persist see your healthcare practitioner. Always read the label. Use only as directed.