Our Surgery Support combination has been around in our clinic and for sale in our store since around 2001.
It includes remedies traditionally indicated to assist with healing and to promote recovery after any type of surgery, including caesarean, dental, hip and knee replacement, lip and tongue-tie, and similar.
The remedies are those most indicated to assist in some of the situations that may be experienced through a surgery such as bruising, bleeding, general trauma, healing and to help to keep the recovery process on track.
The Surgery Support combination also contains remedies to assist with the occasional side effects of and reactions to anaesthetic.
We have also included SOS – our version of Rescue Remedy to help with pre-surgery nerves, anxiety, shock and similar.
If you are particularly prone to anxiety, you might like to consider Anticipation & Anxiety for the days leading up to your surgery.
Mandy in Tasmania says: “I have recently had a hysterectomy and the Surgery remedy worked wonders. I like the combination remedies and have had success with the Hayfever & Allergy combo also”.
See the Information tab for notes on how to take, give to babies and small children and interactions.
SVR25 Surgery Combination (Arnica 30c, Bellis Perennis 30c, Calendula 30c, Carbo Veg 30c, Hypericum 30c, Phosphorus 30c, Staphysagria 30c, SOS)
If in doubt as to the appropriateness of a product for your needs, please send us an email.
Use only as directed. Always read the label or information supplied. If symptoms persist see your health care practitioner.
A little bit about the remedies in the combination.
- Arnica – For bruising, shock, bleeding, pain relief.
- Bellis Perennis – To help heal deep muscle tissue in abdomen.
- Calendula – To help heal scar tissue and prevent infection.
- Carbo Veg – To support weakness or collapse, or bloating from anaesthetic.
- Hypericum – To help avoid infection and relieve pain, especially after epidural.
- Phosphorus – To help avoid and reduce excessive bleeding, weakness or nausea and dizziness following anaesthetic.
- SOS – our version of Rescue Remedy to help with shock, anxiety and similar
Interactions with conventional medications
Homeopathic remedies work in a different way to pharmacy medicines and will not interact with any medications you have to take for your surgery.
If pain persists and other pain relief is required, give as per the directions on the bottle.
Check with your surgeon, GP or homeopath, as appropriate, if you have any questions or concerns.
When to Start
We usually suggest commencing on the day before your surgery to prep the system.
- 3 doses on the day before.
- 1 dose on the day of the surgery. If nil by mouth, just rub on the lips.
- Then 3 or 4 times a day for up to one week after surgery or as required for recovery.
- Start as soon as possible after you come round from surgery.
- Putting the drops or 1 pilule in a water bottle or jug will get you off to a good start.
- Don’t forget to stir or shake vigorously to activate the remedy in the water.
Surgery Support for small children
If you’d like to read and understand about the need for alcohol as a preservative, you can find out more in the FAQs.
The dose for children is below:
- 1 drop for under 6 months of age
- 2 drops for under 12 months
- 4 drops for over 12 months
Diluting the Remedy
If you are concerned about giving the drops to a baby too often, you can reduce the alcohol further as follows:
- Put your drops in 1/4 glass of water
- Stir vigorously with a teaspoon (this activates the remedy in the water)
- The water is now your remedy
- Give 1/2 teaspoon (0-12 months) or 1 teaspoon (over 12 months) and repeat for each dose
Most remedies are available in pilules.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.