How do I give pilules to a baby?
- Tip 1 pilule into the lid of the bottle or onto a clean metal teaspoon. Don’t touch with your fingers.
- Crush the pilule to a powder between two clean teaspoons.
- Tip the powder into the mouth.
- Don’t worry if you don’t get it all to go in, as long as you can see the powder is in the mouth.
If giving in pilules isn’t working but that’s all you have …
- You can pop 1 pilule in ¼ glass of water and stir vigorously with a teaspoon to activate the remedy.
- It won’t dissolve and it doesn’t need to. The water is now the remedy.
- You then give 1 teaspoon (or 1/2 teaspoon in babies under 6 months) as your dose and tip the rest away.